Saturday, September 30, 2017

You Think I Don't Notice?

So the other day I came across a situation where I discovered one of my students were using Snapchat during class. This one is sort on me in the way I let the students use their phone in class but that was for having access to the Revel book.

I've notice some of my students using their phone but I give the benefit of the doubt since they are times I asked them to look up information or refer back to the textbook. Anyhow, that day I notice two students on their phone, but as I mentioned I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't until I saw the UNT Snapchat story and I recognized one of my students on there. I re-watched the story and heard my voice on that video. It is one thing to see students using their phones but it is another thing when they are not paying attention especially since I was giving important information to them. So I went to my peers and seek advice on how to approach the situation without sounding like a complete ass since I was the one who stated in Day 1 of class they can use their phones. So what I ended up doing on the next day of class I mentioned the incident and reminded them of why I let them use their phone in class and not to think they are slick enough to get away with it. I can tell and will find out when using the phone for other purposes. I also didn't mentioned who it was but I could see the reaction of those two students who knew I was talking about them.

None of them used their phones the rest of the class period ;D

#WhatAmIDoing #Nicetrybutno

No comments:

Post a Comment