Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Characteristics of a Successful Student

Lately, I have noticed a slew of students that I think will be successful in college. They tend to get 100’s on every assignment, they come to class with great questions, and overall they just do their work. I honestly appreciate their patience and endurance for Comm 1010. I know it might be a little early in the semester and that any student can change their ways but I feel like a teacher can predict who wants to be successful in the course from the students who don’t.

 I solemnly vow to not judge my students. I truly believe that every single student is smart, but some can also be lazy. The students that I think will not be successful are the ones who never show up, are constantly on their phones, and lacks engagement in every class meeting. 

Honestly, I feel for these students. I truly want them to do well, especially for an introductory course. I encourage each and every one of them to come to me if they need help. As a new teacher, I have vowed to myself to always be there for my students and always be transparent.
I hope that these students feel comfortable coming to me and that they want to thrive in this course and honestly, in college in general.


#pedamorgie #stayinyourlain

No comments:

Post a Comment