Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wrap me up

Listen up, all my friends
This is where my wrap-up begins...
We got Rudi, Brenden, and Kevin too, 
I learned so much, my brain is beef stew

Freire, hooks, Palmer and Fish
I learned how not to be a bish
Now y'all listen up 'cause here I am
What I'm about to tell you, ain't no spam

Authenticity, diversity, are the real deal,
It's extremely important how our student's feel
We got Chelsea, Stephanie, and Mari as well
Please stay away from the "students from hell"

Feminism, critical pedagogy, and critical activism pedagogy too
This information was all so new!
Finally, we're down to Emily, Jayme, and me
Take it from Freire, knowledge is power and power ain't free!

This semester has come to an end,
I'm so thankful for all my teaching friends,
Karen was the best professor ever,
Just #stayinurlain and she'll think you're clever!

But seriously, I learned so much this semester! During one of my classes in my undergrad, I was telling my professor that I had pedagogy. She responded with, "oh I loved pedagogy! That was my favorite class!". In my head, I questioned her enthusiasm. I thought pedagogy was just going to be how to teach. Now I know, it is so much more. It is about how Dewey used experiential learning to relate the student's experiences to the content of the course, how Palmer believes that a good teacher incorporates their soul and personalities into their teachings, and how Fish argues that teachers should just stick to their job and teach the subject and nothing else.

Most importantly, I learned my own teaching philosophy. I learned how important the phrase #dontpanic is. It is important that when a #houstonwehaveaproblem comes up, we just have to trust our guts and  #keeponkeepinon. If we lose sight of what's important, we must #reengage and focus on our student's and help them succeed the best way that we know how. All of us are going to ask ourselves, #whatamIdoing, it's completely normal! Although, it is important to know that when life places the ball in our court, or field if you will, we have to be the #pedagoalie and not let the important lessons (or ball) pass by us. Being a #debbiedowner will get us nowhere. Just #stayinurlain, keep your heads up and kick ass. We are capable, wonderful, and amazing teachers, which is why #thosewhocan teach and we are the teachers! 

Much love,

#pedamorgie #stayinurlain






No comments:

Post a Comment