Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With One Step

#beYOUtiful

That intention to be a teacher in a university somewhere sat on my list for a long time. I had no idea where to start, to be honest, I was intimidated.  A big chunk of doubt crept in even though I’d been teaching in a non-academic environment, I knew exactly what I was doing then but lost all the school of thought in the new setting. I almost talked myself out of this possibility, but instead, I have decided to lean in. Leaning in so far has given me the opportunity to start my first ever teaching journey in an academic setting (UNT)

The inner critic is an interesting thing and, if we are open enough, a great teacher.

 

Today I invite you to stop playing small. Let this be your turn to shine, let this be your time to time, to be your greatest and grandest version, be magnificent you, in the best possible way.

I want you to start speaking your truth more and start living your life exactly how you want. 

I hope your real purpose be revealed to you soon.

 

I strongly insist that you must use these remaining 3 months of the year in becoming the person you always wanted to be and illuminate your world with your inborn abilities, talents, and person. Always tell yourself that you’re choosing to take care of yourself so that you can show up in your roles full vs. depleted.

 

I want you to stop telling yourself that you are faulty, lacking, or incomplete somehow- that you don’t have what others possess to be happy and successful, that you don’t have what it takes to make your life great.

Be committed to showing up for yourself because you’re worthy of your own time, space, and energy.

Remember, no one has what it takes at the beginning of their life journey, we all learn and acquire what’s needed during the journey.

You should create the life you desire by slowing down and turning inward.

Nourish yourself by saying no to overextending and yes to more rest.

 

Remember you are only stuck if you let yourself be stuck. Start doing something that will bring some positive change in your life today and then tomorrow.

 

Remember on this journey, you should outgrow who you once were and project towards who you’re destined to be. Honor your process and stay close to your truth no matter what.

 

I must remind you again that inside you are a star, an incredible person, and a divine being. You have always been enough.

In doubts? Look into the mirror and give yourself some re-affirmation that you got this. I will start: “Hi my name is Cynthia. and I am capable.” Say it with me. “Hi, my name is (Insert name) and I am capable.” Rather, “Hi, we are capable.”

Be comfortable with your heads up high when saying these repeatedly. Let’s call it a daily dose of re-affirmation.

 

Your sleeping genius is ready to wake up, your hidden greatness is ready to manifest, your real worth is ready to sprout. Allow your own sunshine (your passions, natural talents, and abilities) to bloom your seeds of greatness.

 

 

#beYOUtiful

 

SOURCES

hooks, bell. Engaged pedagogy: A transgressive education for critical consciousness, 1998

dannels, deanna. 8 Essential question teachers ask: A guidebook for communicating with students, 2005 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment